Tenacious Temecula Criminal Defense Attorney
Charged with welfare fraud? Begin your defense!
Giving false or intentionally incomplete information to the government in order to receive welfare, food stamps, or Medi-Cal benefits you are not entitled to can leave you open to welfare fraud charges.
If convicted you could be put behind bars and even stripped of any professional license you may hold. If you are being investigated for welfare fraud, your first step should be to contact a Temecula criminal defense attorney who can fight your charges and protect your freedom.
The Law Office of Nic Cocis boasts a perfect 10.0 Superb rating from Avvo: this means we are dedicated to providing clients with the best experience and are committed to their goals. Our firm has more than 17 years of experience which shows we know how to effectively contest criminal charges, including welfare fraud allegations. With our impressive track-record of successful outcomes, you can trust us to always work in your best interests.
Understand the Law Regarding Welfare Fraud
Depending on the facts of your offense and any criminal history you could be facing either misdemeanor or felony charges for welfare fraud. No matter what the details of your case are, our Temecula criminal defense attorney can contest them in court to avoid a conviction
- Most instances of welfare fraud in California are committed when someone:
- Intentionally gives false information to gain welfare benefits
- Applies for benefits using multiple names or filing several applications
- Counterfeits or alters food stamp authorizations or actual food stamps
Felony convictions for filing or retaining welfare benefits can result in up to 3 years in jail and up to $5,000 in fines, while misdemeanor charges can carry up to one year in jail and upwards of $1,000 in fines.
We don't give up without a fight!
You have a right to a legal defense no matter what you are charged with and our Temecula criminal defense lawyer can raise any number of defenses on your behalf to preserve your innocence.
To discuss the details of your situation, call our office today for a free consultation!
See How We Have Helped Other People in Your Shoes
- Probation and One Year in Custody Theft and 7 Felonies
- Probation & House Arrest Theft Crime
- Marijuana Charge Dismissed Trafficking 2000 lbs. (1 ton) of Marijuana and Child Endangerment
- 180 days of Caltrans work. Avoided prison. Transportation of 5 Pounds of Meth
- Case Dismissed Warrant Issued in Violation of the 4th Amendment
- Probation and Avoided Registration Young Adult Accused of Felony Sex Offenses
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2605 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.