Grand Theft Charges in Temecula, CA
Assistance from a Temecula Criminal Defense Lawyer
At the Law Office of Nic Cocis, we handle various types of theft charges, including charges for grand theft. Grand theft offenses involve the unlawful taking of higher-value property. In its general definition, grand theft refers to the theft of money, real or person property, or labor that is valued at more than $950, according to California Penal Code §487(a). However, for certain grand theft offenses, the monetary threshold is set at $250, or there is no minimum value threshold at all.
- To provide a glimpse of how varied California's grand theft laws are, here are a few items that can lead to grand theft charges when they are stolen:
- A horse, mare, bovine animal, lamb, pig, etc.
- Farm crops (value of more than $250)
- Real estate unlawfully converted to one's own property (value of more $250 or more)
- A dog (a value of more than $950)
- Cargo (value of $950 or more)
Depending on the details of the offense, the penalties for a grand theft conviction can be months in jail or years in prison, in addition to expensive fines. If you are facing grand theft charges, you can fight back for your freedom with the help of our Temecula criminal defense attorney. Our legal team works tirelessly on behalf of our clients to help them reduce their chances of conviction to the greatest extent possible.
Why Choose the Law Office of Nic Cocis?
You may be wondering what sets our law firm apart. For one thing, we have extensive experience on our side. Our criminal defense firm has successfully provided legal representation for hundreds of clients since 1999. Attorney Nic Cocis has been recognized as a "Top Attorney" in criminal defense by Avvo, as he has been given a 10.0 Superb Avvo rating. Furthermore, our firm offers one-on-one attention, which means you can be sure that you and your legal matter will be properly tended to.
Contact the Law Office of Nic Cocis for high-quality defense! We serve clients in Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Perris, Corona, Banning and other parts of Riverside County, California.
See How We Have Helped Other People in Your Shoes
- Probation and One Year in Custody Theft and 7 Felonies
- Probation & House Arrest Theft Crime
- Marijuana Charge Dismissed Trafficking 2000 lbs. (1 ton) of Marijuana and Child Endangerment
- 180 days of Caltrans work. Avoided prison. Transportation of 5 Pounds of Meth
- Case Dismissed Warrant Issued in Violation of the 4th Amendment
- Probation and Avoided Registration Young Adult Accused of Felony Sex Offenses
Begin Building Your Defense
Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (951) 666-2605 or filling out the form below. We review your case for free to determine the best course of action.